Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Rest of the Story.......

To begin with....please pop over Amy's blog and read the account of 4 year old John pulling the fire alarm in Savannah at Five Guys Burger and Fries.....




Arlington National Cemetery.................

When Amy was a young child we made a visit up the east coast through TN, VA and into Washington D.C. We visited the capitol, the senate buildings, Smithsonian Museum, the presidential monuments
.....

We looked forward to visiting Arlington National Cemetery where so many of our brave men and women are buried....it was a gorgeous afternoon and as we strolled through the beautiful grounds I noticed Amy kept eyeing bright red iron contraptions throughout......it wasn't long until Amy lagged a short distance behind....all of a sudden the irrigation system came on....people began gasping.....Amy shouted "Mama! Mama!" Of course I did what any loving Mother would do.....I walked on like I didn't know who the child was! I knew Edward was near and would take care of the problem.....he did immediately......

I believe that was the same day we had lunch at the Richard B. Russell Senate Building and Amy flipped the light switch in the ladies' restroom causing more than a few 'heys'......and then the cartwheels down the Kennedy Center corridor......now, Amy, what were you saying about John?


3 comments:

Rhondi said...

Hi Betty
Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs, Rhondi

Mary said...

Betty,

It sounds like Amy had lots of fun as a child. I can just imagine your continuing on like you had no idea who she was. lol

I have visited Washington, DC several times. Brandon wants to go there and visit the Smithsonian. One day I'm hoping we get to do just that.

Blessings,
Mary

Barbara said...

Oh! Dear. My son did not pull the fire alarm but he did run through an open window display where all the exhibits went down like dominoes. Nevr felt more embarrassed.