Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thrifting finds in January.....

I do believe my heart rate rachets up several numbers when I walk in the doors of a thrift store!



I was happy to find the straw Capelli handbag...


It has a shell fastener...and great detail...and cost one dollar!


I was delighted to find this vintage picnic basket,in excellent condition, with a shelf for two layers of food...$2 and a few cents!!!!
For one dollar this dish carrier...actually I think it's for paper plates, cups, napkins, etc. but I'll use dishes in it sometimes.

A pretty pot of faux grass...

An authentic Dooney and Burke hand bag...timeless...

What treasures have you gleaned?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Betty! Oh, my goodness, what wonderful finds. I wish I could find bargains like this. Maybe I could go along with you the next time you go thrifting! ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

HossBoss said...

YOU did great ...such bargains!

A friend gave me a big box of stuff she had been 'storing forever' she said. It was full of glassware, more than half of it vintage milkglass pieces. I'm supposed to be purging and downsizing but these are so PRETTY! I love old glassware.

: )

Grammy Goodwill said...

You certainly found some great thrifty treasures. I haven't been in awhile.

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Sweet Sista Betty...

You certainly have the knack of seeking out those bargains. I remember well the wonderful times we shared when you took me thrifting. I'm still enjoying the many bargains I brought home.
Bestest Love - Marion