Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Show and Tell Friday.......Ann and Andy

Can you believe it is Friday again and time for Show and Tell over at Kelli's? Head on over to see who is participating........

Many years ago, probably 30 years, my friend, Pat, was creating a wonderful surprise Christmas gift for her very young daughter.......Ann and Andy....Each time I visited and saw Pat working on them, I ooohed and awwwd over her handiwork.......

At Christmas, when Pat and I exchanged our gifts, I could not imagine what could possible be in my humongous box. Excitedly, I opened my gift.........I spied red hair...could it be? YES, Pat had also made me Ann and Andy........

My children were young when I received them. People visiting in our home would comment that they like the girls' Ann and Andy. I would laughed and replied, "They're mine."

Ann and Andy have brought pleasure to so many little girls as well as boys.....They are about 25 inches tall.
They sit in a little rocking chair in a guest bedroom.....resting.........because with an under-two-year-old grandson, they'll be entertaining and bringing happiness once again......thank you dear friend Pat.........I apologize for not straightening Ann's blue print dress........she will be appalled when she sees the pictures........

24 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

What can I say!?!!! Me being Anni and all, the Raggedy Ann's have always had a soft spot in my life.

They're perfect.

Barbara said...

Very cute and they have worn well over the years.
Come over and visit my enchan ted forest.

Anonymous said...

How fun to have them sitting there ready to entertain! Enjoy.

LBP said...

They are so cute! My mother in law made me an Ann when my dear husband and I were dating.

Blessings

Linda

Susie said...

So cute :) I can imagine all the work and love that went into creating them. My Grandma made these for each of her great granddaughters. My daughter still has hers..
xo

MaR said...

They are very cute, love the story! what a treasure to have!
My first S&T is posted here, happy Friday :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gift! I have a dear friend who loved Anne and Andy, too, and decorated her first daughter's room with Anne things.

Tammy said...

Oh, I love your Raggedy Ann and Andy! How talented and very sweet your friend was to make these for you, as well! They are so adorable!

Amanda said...

I remember them! I used to have a Raggedy Anne. There was also this movie with Raggedy Anne and Andy and a pirate and a beautiful lady. I used to love that movie.

Jean said...

What a great surprise all those years ago! They are so adorable!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Betty, just wanted to stop by & say hey! What cute dolls..I'm sure your grand(s) just love them.

Hope you're doing well!

Rhoda

LadySnow said...

I love Ann and Andy...probably why I made my daughter a dress with them on it. :D

Mommy said...

What a special gift for your friend to make you. They look made by a professional. They are adorable! Your grandson will probably have a lot of fun with them!

Quinne said...

Hi Betty :) What a precious story! I love that your dolls are waiting there in their chair to love and be loved ;)

My daughter and I enjoy the Ann & Andy tales so much, re-reading them often. Blessings! Q

Susan said...

How adorable. We are ALL really kids at heart :o)
Susan

Carole Burant said...

I made a Raggedy Anne that looks very much like yours (same type of pattern) about 20 years ago...I know I have pictures of them somewhere, must find them:-) I can well imagine how thrilled you were to get them, they are so delightful!! xox

Cathy said...

What a wonderful gift and who doesn't love Annie & Andy. They're adorable!

Cathy :)

Mary said...

The dolls are wonderful and a great keepsake. Ann & Andy are an old favorite. Treasure them.

Anonymous said...

I love the size of them! How wonderful is that!

Myrna said...

What a sweet couple! I'm sure they have been gtood entertainment for many children--and adults.

Rose of Sharon said...

They are so cute! I think they are wonderful!

:0) Sharon

dot said...

I made the really big pair for Tina for Christmas one year. I think she still has them.

Mary said...

Hello Betty, I just got our Ann and Andy out and washed then (cold water) for my niece to play with. Someone gave Brandy their old Andy when she was little, so her dolls are in their 25th. and 28th. yrs. Aspen was not so sure about Rainbow Bright...the bright yellow hair:) It gave me an excuse to get out the dolls.
Have a Nice Thanksgiving...
Hugs, Mary :)

Contented Wife and Mother said...

They are so cute. I once had a Raggedy Ann doll, that a woman at my church lovingly made for me. I wish I had kept her.