Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday Show and Tell........Tab, the wonder cat.......

It's Friday and once again Show and Tell time.......check over at Kelli's to see who is participating........
Once upon a time, some heartless people left two precious little kittens at a garbage dumpster.....along came a tender hearted couple and rescued them.......took them home, bathed and defleaed them, fed them with a doll bottle, carried them to the vet and had them wormed and loved them......they were name Tab, because he was tabby and Callie because she was a calico........when they were a couple of months old, these friends called to see if we would take the kitties......we are suckers for a sad story and have all ways had pets. This was several years ago by the way...........

Tab and Callie came to live with us.....they grew into big cats....still loving their 'bottle.' Unfortunately Callie ran in front of a car and had used all of her nine lives.........Tab continued to be spoiled rotten...we think he could talk....they were not house cats but sometimes he would sneak in, sit in front of the refrigerator and say "mm-ii--ll--kk"......

I carried him to kindergarten to show the children how he would lay in my lap and hold his bottle.....he was quite a performer......he loved attention.

Our grandcat, Smokey, a large, long haired, gray cat, came to stay several weeks with us while our daughter was in transition to a new home.....Smokey and Tab did not see eye to eye on anything......Tab was meek and gentle and Smokey was king of the walk.....one day Tab left and didn't come back........I hope he found a loving home and once again rescued by tender hearted people..........

19 comments:

Kim said...

Betty your link @ No Place Like Home doesn't work correctly. Thank you for sharing the photos of your grandcat.

Myrna said...

What a sweet story.

I'm sure an outside cat would love exploring all the nooks and crannies of your gardens. Maybe Tab is just hiding out! :-) I hope he found a home where there was a bottle and someone to hold him!

Tracy said...

He's very cute. Maybe he'll come back one day!

LBP said...

Now that's about the cutest thing I have even seen, a cat holding a bottle!

Anonymous said...

Wow that's one amazing cat, I do hope he comes back to your door...

dot said...

Betty, that was a sweet story! It's funny how cats will do that. My mother has them come and go at her house and she feeds them good.

Susan said...

How sad to lose him. That is so cute, his holding the bottle.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Sweet kitty. Hope he comes back around.

Kim said...

At first I miss read the story. It happens so easily when we are in a hurry. I hope Tab comes home.

Lyndy said...

Betty, What a sweet story, I am a sucker for pets. I have a wonderful black Persian cat that is ALWAYS right by my side. They do keep us entertained don’t they?

Thanks for sharing and have a blessed weekend.

~Lyndy~

Carole Burant said...

Those were two very lucky kittens to have been found and taken care of...then to find their home with you:-) I have never seen a cat hold a bottle like that, how amazing!! What a shame that Callie got run over and Tab disappeared...as you said, I do hope he's found another good home!! xox

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Betty, what a cute kitty Tab was...I was sorry that he left home. I had a cat too that ran away & I never found him. I thought for sure he would come back, but he never did. He was a sweetie too.

Oh, and what a pretty house & yard you have. I just got in here to see that & it is so, so pretty. What a great setting you live in & that backyard & guesthouse are just amazing. I love what you've done to it all. You really have a lot of great plants!

Rhoda

Anita said...

Dear Betty,

The story of your cats remind me of my own cute cat that we had when I was a little girl. I LOVED her and she loved me, too!

Unfortunately, one day she did not come back.... ;-((( I never saw her again....

We do not have any pets now but our neighbours do! I LOVE their cat, he's called Bruno! When we moved here in autumn 2004, he was very shy but fortunately, his behavious towards me changed completely! We are "best friends" now and he loves laying next to my catnip at my little herb border.... And I LOVE watching him when he laying over there!

Warmest wishes,
Anita

weirdbunny said...

Oh how can people be so cruel to animals by dumping !! Such a cute sorrry about the bottle ! - love Julia x

Mary L. Briggs said...

Oh, I do hope that Tab comes back. That is the problem with kitties-they are sometimes in and out of our lives so fast!

Mary said...

Hi Betty - I've missed everyone while away in Canada but I'm gradually catching up on all the news. Your's was wonderful and I send belated congrats. on your recent anniversary. Loved all the pics and learning more about your wonderful family.

Stay in touch - fondly, Mary.

Kelli said...

Oh, what a touching story, Betty!! I'm sorry to hear about Callie and I hope that Tab has found a loving home. It was very kind of you to take them in!
Kelli

Unknown said...

AAWW! What a sweet story! Except for the poor kitty who used up his nine lives!

Susie said...

Tab was a handsome boy! Sorry he ran away and so sad about Callie...