Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Since I Laid My Burden Down.......

"God Said No"I asked God to take away my habit.God said, "No.It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up."I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.God said, "No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary."I asked God to grant me patience.God said, "No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned."I asked God to give me happiness.God said, "No. I give you blessings; happiness is up to you."I asked God to spare me pain.God said, "No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me."I asked God to make my spirit grow.God said, "No. You must grow on your own but I will prune you to make you fruitful."I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.God said, "No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things."I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.God said, "Ahhhh, finally you have the idea."

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world""May the Lord Bless you and keep you,May the Lord Make his face shine upon you, and give you Peace...Forever"

"Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you know they are always there."

This is an email sent to me.....I am not the author....Certainly worth reading.............












9 comments:

Lallee said...

What a beautiful post. Very wise words.

a Pocket Angel said...

Hello, Just wanted to stop in and ask that you please keep Amy (FourSistersInACottage) in your prayers today. She is having a radical bilateral mastectomy surgery.
Thanks so much!:-}~Mary~

What a very lovely post. Thanks for sharing it!

dot said...

Beautiful post Betty! Thanks!

Ruth said...

Those are very wise words. I must copy those and post them on my mirror or something!! Thanks for sharing this.

Moobear said...

Just Beautiful! Thank you Betty!

Carole Burant said...

Beautiful words with such deep meaning to them. Thank you for sharing this with us Betty!! xox

Barbara said...

Absolutely true and a blessed post Betty.

Mary said...

Betty - I have a feeling these words of such inspiration you have shared may be for Amy today. My husband and I are both cancer survivors. We are having such a difficult time looking at that sweet young woman's face and knowing what she is going through today. I have been cancer-free for 18 yrs., Bob just 5yrs.
We both prayed we would be here for our very special granddaughter Jasmin whom we love so much and have cared for these past 10 years. Being a grandparent you know how that is! Being a minister's wife you probably have access to a lot of wonderful prayers and blessings - thanks for sharing this beautiful one with us.
I will keep it and read it often.
It will help us cope as we pray for Amy's recovery.
Hugs - Mary.

weirdbunny said...

This has given me lots to think about, I'll share it with my bible study group.