Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Our little bit of heaven on earth.........

Front view of our home........
Autumn Star Clematis that will be in full bloom in August........
Another view of the front of the house........
These are red Knockout Roses around the the birdhouse.....have been beautiful.......
Front porch of our little guest house..........................
This the view out of our bedroom window....a post on it soon..........
This table top is painted like the heart of a watermelon......
One of the north side flowerbeds...the daylilies have been gorgeous...the armilary is one of my favorite garden ornaments........
The swing and another table and chairs....the table was a curb side find and the chairs were $4.oo each at a thrift store......................the fishpool is to the right......
South side of the house and Edward's study in the rear........
Purple Lantana along the rail fence.....there is also white and yellow Lantana.........
Another view of the fence and Lantana.......
The patio going out the back door.....six of these wrought iron chairs were curbside finds......
A flowerbed of old fashion Petunias, snaps, zinnias, Queen Ann's Lace, coreopsis, Cockscomb,
and our daughter's pedal car from days gone by holding a pot of Asparagus Fern. Roses are ready to climb on the arbor...........................................
Oakleaf Hydrangea.......................................
A hanging horse to swing on......the grandchildren love this............recycled ..........
We tore the greenhouse down and laid a brick patio to the right....a sitting area where Ling-Ling our cat enjoys napping..........
The fish pool with large Koi and scads of little fish...........................
Endless Summer Hydrangeas
Confederate Jasmin on the lamp post.....
An angel watches over her domain...................................Thanks for coming by...........

22 comments:

Susie said...

I can see why you call it your piece of heaven on earth. Everything is charming and visually delightful.
Love love love the little pedal car in the garden.
Thanks for sharing your part of the world..
xo

Adrienne said...

Thank you for sharing your home and gardens with us. I just love everything about it. You are so blessed to have a guesthouse and a separate study for her husband. You have inspired me to get outside and work in a few of my flowerbeds so I can enjoy them a bit more.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

No wonder you call this a bit of Heaven. If I had a home like this I would never want to leave!! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful place. WOW!! Betty it is great!! Sandy

Carole Burant said...

Oh Betty, what a beautiful home and yard you have!! It's just perfect and I can see why you enjoy being home so much! Your little guest house is just darling...I'm coming right over! hehe Love all the little accents amidst all the beautiful flowers...that angel looks perfect there too!! xox

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

How beautiful, I could sit right at that table and share a glass of sweet tea!

Kelli said...

Oh Betty, your home and gardens are just beautiful! I could look at these pictures all day long! Your guest house is so charming, what a sweet front porch! The horse swing is wonderful too! Thank you for inviting us over! :0)
Kelli

Sharon said...

Betty,
I enjoyed the pictures of your beautiful home and yard. I love the arbor with the clematis!

Moobear said...

OH I loved all the pictures Betty. You have such a lovely home and I love the curbside finds and most of all the little red car of your daughters. The flowers are lovely.
You have a very happy looking home my friend.

Myrna said...

How beautiful. I am really not surprised that the outside is so lovely, peaceful, and inviting. That is just the way the inside appears in all your pictures.

thank you for the tour.

Lyndy said...

Oh my goodness, I don't know where to begin everything is just BEAUTIFUL. I can imagine you enjoy it very much.

Thank you so much for sharing. It truly looks so inviting and just lovely.

Lyndy

Genevieve said...

I love your home and garden, beautiful!!! And your guest house my favorite red I could move right in tomorrow, but I guess I will wait until you find that other snake hehe!!!! I know it was not funny at the time but I had a pretty good laugh about your snake story! Oooohhh I hate snakes of any kind even baby ones. At least you kept your wits about you! I know I would have passed out and he would have eaten me for lunch!!!
And thank goodness your husband heard you!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

It was such fun and a priviledge to visit your home today Betty. When I think of you now I can imagine you sitting in your garden somewhere. I do love those Southern American homes. All looks so peaceful. The swing, well that is about as cool as anything. What a great idea.

Tracy said...

What a beautiful estate that you own! I can see why you think it is heaven on earth. Oh, I'd love to stay in the guest house...

Anita said...

Oh Betty, I so much enjoyed taking the stroll accross your garden and admire your house! Your front porch is very welcoming! I adore those kind of American front porches!

It's hart to chose what I like most but I guess it was the big bird house, wow!

Thank you so much for the tour, Betty!

Happy weekend to you!

Best wishes from Germany, Anita

weirdbunny said...

Your home is stunning !!!!

I especially like the front porch on your guest house.

WE are in the middle of painting our house in what we planned was red paint, unfortunately it's dried a brown colour !!!!

Unknown said...

What a lovely tour! I see you live in a rural setting? I LOVE that! I don't think we've ever lived in a place like that. I am quite the city girl but love going to my relatives who all seem to live in the country!

OOOHHHH! I don't like what you found in your flower garden in previous post! MY goodness!

Carolanne said...

Looks like a place to visit and feel welcomed at.

I love the swinging horse!

Thanks for sharing these photos.

RUTH said...

What a beautiful house and garden. I love your oak leaf hydrangea.

Ruth said...

You have a beautiful house and gorgeous plants. My husband and mother-in-law are the plant people in my life. They would love this. And you have a guest house! How neat is that!! Thank you for sharing your home.

I see there are two Ruth's now! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful home and garden and just wondered why you haven't updated in so long. I keep coming back hoping you will. Maybe you've quit this, if you have, I think you should take your blog down...it's disappointing to me.

Betty said...

Sheila,
I appreciate your visit and comment today....however, I have posted at least 2 to 3 times a week since the inception of blogging in January of 2007. My last post was yesterday April 28th, 2008. I guess you don't blog as when I click your name I don't go to a blog. I don't understand why you don't receive the current blog..I hope you will continue to visit...one of my favorite times to post is 'Show and Tell' on Fridays......I have no plans to discontinue blogging....Yesterday was my 331st posting....God Bless...Betty

Betty said...

Sheila,
A thought....if you google Country Charm blogspot Betty you might get the current point....I'm interested to know the result.....Betty