Saturday, June 30, 2007

Gifts from the UK.....

I can use a week like this anytime..................................




Isn't this the prettiest colors...............................
My sweet little pin..........
Happy Anniversary..........
This is the cathedral Marion visited recently.............................

An interior picture of the cathedral......St. David's...........................


Last week was a wonderful week.....I'm not gonna lie, I love presents......big or small, it doesn't matter....just something wrapped that I don't know what's inside the wrapping......

I was so excited when my husband brought in the mail one day last week and said, "you have a package from England." I was expecting one because I won Barbara's 100th posting gift....but it wasn't from Barbara......It was from Marion, Reflection of the Seasons, in Wales....

I carefully unwrapped the box and just couldn't imagine what was inside...each of the several pieces were wrapped in pretty rose printed paper.......she had sent the most beautiful dresser set, exquisite flowers decorated each lovely piece, a 'Betty' pin that I adore (thanks John), whimsical sheep coasters, a sachet of lavender, post cards of St David's Cathedral, a Tywyn book and a beautiful anniversary card......a fabulous collection in honor of our 47th anniversary......thank you dear friend Marion.....

Well, a few days later, another package.....this time it was from Barbara in Romford, England....I felt like the queen bee.....as I carefully opened the package I found the most beautiful handmade birthday cards in cheerfully colored envelopes....each one a work of art.....now my problem is parting with them.......very special people will receive these....... maybe one even to me......

Thank you both, dear sweet ladies for adding such sweet joy to my life.......my English friends.....

15 comments:

Barbara said...

It makes it so worth while to see such appreciation. Enjoy.

Barbara said...

Interesting that your blogging friend in Wales lives in Tewyn. We had a cottage booked for 2 weeks in that very same village (and it is a very small place) 3 years ago and we had to cancel 2 weeks before due to go as Alan had a trapped nerve in his back and could not walk. A most beautiful area in the mountains.
Loved the cat by the way

Carole Burant said...

Oh what beautiful surprises you received!!! Like you, I get so excited when I get a parcel in the mail! lol Marion certainly did send you some lovely items...that dresser set is just gorgeous!!! The cards from Barbara are also beautiful, I can see why you'd have a hard time parting with them!!! xox

dot said...

Betty, What sweet friends you have to send you such treasures! Everything is so pretty and I know you will enjoy it.

RUTH said...

What lovely mail to receive. Those cards are lovely; anything home made is so special because of the time, love and thought put into it.

Susan said...

That's what you call receiving a double portion isn't it. Everything is beautiful. I don't know the first lady but I've gotten acquainted with Barbara's blog and she does beautiful work at everything she does.
Susan

savvycityfarmer said...

WOW, girl...the motherload!!!!!
You deserve it all...

Kelli said...

Such lovely gifts, Betty!! I love the pretty dresser set!
Kelli

Susie said...

How sweet of your blogging friends to send you such lovelies!
That dresser set is a real treasure.
:)

Ruth said...

What beautiful gifts to receive!! Surprises are so nice to receive in the mail. The dresser set is gorgeous!!

TO BECOME said...

The gifts were all beautiful and I can't think of anyone who deserves them more. Have a happy week. connie from Texas

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Betty, what sweet & thoughtful gifts you got. I get excited too just opening packages. Enjoy them all!

Rhoda

Kelli said...

Betty, I'm stopping by to wish you and your family a wonderful 4th of July!
Hugs,
Kelli

Myrna said...

What lovely surprises--and to one great lady!

Please some by Cherish. . . I have a little award surprise for you there.

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

What sweet gifts! I would have a hard time sending those cards out as well!! So creative! Blessings, Diane